This travelog is my summer project (I know nobody cares about that, I swear my mom made me write it!).
On this road trip, my mom, my grandma and I drove to Florida and back to Chicago. We stopped in Memphis, Tennessee; New Orleans, Louisiana; Pensacola, Florida and many other cool places. My favorite was Orlando, Florida, where Universal Studios and Disney World are located.
During this trip, my mom made me keep a journal. Here is a conversation we had before the trip:
- "I want you to take photos during the trip..."
- "Great! I'll get a chance to use my camera!"
- "...and use them to make a travelog on your website. I stopped teaching you how to make a website because you didn't know what you wanted to put on it. Now you'll have a travelog there."
- "Do I have to?"
- "If you want to go to Universal Studios and Disney World, then yes."
- "OK, fine, but why do I have to do it?"
- "Because you can't fool around all summer. But if you'd rather have summer classes, I can arrange for that instead."
- "No-no-no! I'd rather do the website thing."
- "I thought so. I also want you to keep a journal during the trip and make notes so you can use them for your travelog."
- "I don't need to, I can remember everything."
- "With so many new impressions, you'll forget some of the coolest details!"
- "Fine, but you're not going to make me write 'Dear Diary, today I did this and that and I thought you should know because I love you and never want to lose you and you're the best friend I've ever had!'"
- "I'm not going to try to make you, that would be stupid and I don't want you to look like an idiot on the internet."
- "THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!"
West Palm Beach,
St. Augustine, Florida
Chattanooga, Tennessee and Mammoth Cave, Kentucky
It's a good thing I did keep that journal, because there really were many impressions. In fact, I could make a whole project for each stop.
Most of the photos on this travelog were taken by me. My mom's will have a green border, and my grandma's will have a blue border. I know nobody cares about that either, my mom made me write it too. Something about copyright. I also made my own animations, like the map on this page. Oh, and of course the webpages for this travelog were made by me as well. My mom helped me a little, but I did most of the work.
So what are you waiting for? Click here to start from the beginning, or select a location from the photos on this page.